My 2022 Goals - Results

Not to sound cliché or anything but what a whirlwind 2022 was. I genuinely had some of the greatest highs and lowest lows. Medical issues, quitting my job, getting a new job, moving in with my boyfriend and his family, losing one of my grandads to name but a few. Things that were consistent throughout the year were my goals. No matter how rubbish things got or how unaccomplished I felt I always had my goals to go back to to see how much I'd actually achieved. You can go back to see my 2022 Goals blog which I posted early last year to see all the goals I'd set for 2022. 

I didn't write as much as I wanted to in 2022 but despite that I am taking better care of my mind and body to get to a place where I can start focusing on writing again. So what a better way to start writing than looking back and reflecting on the goals I did accomplish in 2022.  

Read 10 Books

I adore my reading challenges and I adore books but I have a habit of buying more than I read. For the foreseeable future I am on a book-buying-ban until I read more. The problem is I am a slow reader and I don't often have/make enough time to read so these reading goals are really great for me. 

I read quite a variety this year and was thankful to have loved nearly all of them. In fact I actually managed to read a total of 11 books by the end of the year! I will post a blog soon on the books I read in 2022 and my opinions. 

Reading last year was a way for me to calm my mind. It allowed my to shut off the outside and just fall into a story. When I hurt my back in October I started taking a lot of baths to help. My boyfriend always said he enjoyed reading in the bath but I never got it. Well...I totally get it now! Reading in the bath is a new favourite hobby and now on top of my book obsession I have a bath bomb obsession...

I've already started my reading challenge for this year and was so excited that my bath bomb perfectly matched my book!

Watch 90 Films I Haven't Seen 

While I did complete this challenge I have to say this year I have watched some truly...truly...garbage films. None the less, every time I watch a bad film with my boyfriend we at least have a laugh about it. We managed to watch nearly all of the 'Halloween' films...11/13. I will also do a blog on my favourite and least favourite films I watched soon (narrowing them all down will be hard!). 

I started this challenge a few years ago when I realised I just watched the same films over and over again. While I still love re-watching a favourite film there is always something great about watching a new film. Whether it's garbage or amazing you get to widen your film knowledge and learn more about the genres you like (or even don't like). 

Go on Holiday - Away, away 

I was very fortunate this year that my boyfriend's parents paid for us to join them on a family holiday to Sardinia, Italy. It has to be one of the best holidays I've ever been on. Not only was it all inclusive with no kids (no offense to ya know...kids), amazing food and facilities it was also so relaxing. When I was younger the thought of staying by the pool reading all day or just mulling about seemed so dull but now I'm in full time work it was such a refresh. I got to read, relax, drink cocktails whenever I wanted, nap at two in the afternoon and swim everyday. It was glorious and I couldn't be more thankful to my one-day-to-be-in-laws for taking us. 

Also gained a deeply unhealthy obsession with French Toast which I plan to learn how to make this year. 

See a Live Performance 

I adore the theatre and always have ever since I was little. This year my boyfriend and I went to see 'The Play That Goes Wrong' in London. It was phenomenal. It was so funny and clever I'm so glad I got to finally see it after waiting so long to watch it on stage. 

With lockdown I really missed being able to see things live whether it's a play or a concert. Unfortunately, and understandably, prices have gone up since the pandemic but being able to experience live theatre is really worth the cost. 

I also went to my first ever drag show! I saw a London based queen named, Crayola, who I met on the tube! Their show was witty, hilarious and powerful. They parody famous songs and are really unashamed to poke at society. I couldn't recommend them enough! You can find them @crayolathequeen on Instagram. 

Go Somewhere New 

There were quite a few new places I got to visit this year. The first stop was the Emsworth to visit one of my best friends, Chloe. It's a really sweet place and we got to walk by the sea which is one of my favourite things to do. 


I also went to Manchester for another best friend's birthday and Lincolnshire for Christmas with my boyfriend's side of the family. Best of all, with work, I got to travel to Burgundy in France and Scotland. I fell deeply in love with Scotland and hope I get to go back soon. 

The work trips were a real experience for me. I travelled abroad alone for the first time in my life and while it was daunting it also made me incredibly proud of myself for accomplishing it! 

Save at Least £200

This next year my boyfriend (gosh I've mentioned him a lot in this blog haven't I...ew) and I are saving for a mortgage but initially when I set this goal I was just trying to save anything I could. I have totally surpassed this saving goal and feel very excited to keep saving.

For anyone wanting to start saving for a mortgage I highly recommend the app Moneybox! The best part of the app is I can't touch the money until I use it for a mortgage which is perfect for someone if who is always tempted to dip into their savings. 


2023 is the first year I feel like is going to be a good year. I'm going into it with a positive mindset, new goals and a strong sense of who I am. That's not to say 2022 wasn't memorable for good reasons.

Moving in with my boyfriend was such a great part of the year and getting to trial living together before we get our own place has been wonderful. I got my first tattoo done by London based tattoo artist Eszter David (you can find her @eszterdavidtatto on Instagram). I got to see more of my friends which is something I'm taking into 2023 with me. It's hard when people have lives and live far away but making that effort is so important. So when I think about it even though I only accomplished 6/10 of my goals, I still experienced so much in 2022!

Let's hope 2023 is kinder, friendlier and filled with more love and good health!

Comment below any goals or resolutions you've set for yourself this year!  



Happy New Year photo by Kelly Sikkema (https://unsplash.com/@kellysikkema)

Comments