My 2021 Goals - Results

Happy New Year everyone! 2021 was a YEAR wasn't it? It was a mix of the best and worst year for me. It started rocky but I finally got a new job and now work with some of the best people I have ever worked with. I got to do more things, I got back into reading in a big way and mentally it was probably my strongest year in a long time. 

While I didn't manage to achieve all my goals I still achieved a lot of things which is very exciting!

For those who are new here, I don't set new year resolutions. I set fun goals that I can try and achieve throughout the year. They're more measurable goals that are meant to be fun as well as push me into doing new things. To look at my full goals I set for last year please go and read my 'Goals for 2021' blog. 

Here are my results from my 2021 goals list!

1) Go on Holiday 

I wasn't able to go abroad or anything crazy because a) the world was still kind of shut down for the majority of the year b) it's EXPENSIVE. I did, however, go to Mousehole, Cornwall, for a long weekend with my Mum and Step-Dad to visit my Granny and Granddad. 

I used to visit Mousehole every year with my family when I was younger. As I got older, I decided to stay behind with our dog, Pip, and have a holiday by myself in the house alone. I hadn't actually been back for about ten years! It was so nice to go back. We got to see the old shops, visit the area and have cream tea (a must!). It wasn't the holiday I had imagined when I set the goal but it was perfect. 



2) Watch 80 Films I Haven't Seen Before 

When looking through my list of the new films I'd watched this year I realised I did watch many truly garbage films this year. Truly awful. But in the mix were some incredible films that I've either already watched again or can't wait to watch again. I'll be releasing a blog soon on my favourites and least favourites. 

I find this a good challenge to set myself each year because it pushes me to watch films I've always wanted to but never gotten round to. Don't get me wrong, I love rewatching an old comfort film, but there are so many incredible films out there it's good to push to watch more. 

4) Read 9 Books 

I smashed this! I read some amazing books this year and even managed to reread a book I needed to reread (as I have the sequel but couldn't remember what happened in the first one). So, technically, I read 10 books but 1 was a reread. I will be doing a blog on all the books I read (teaser: 5 of them are from one series...can you guess which one below?) and my thoughts. 

5) Try New Fashion Styles 

I didn't go completely crazy this year but I really did push myself to wear colours I don't normally wear and wear figure hugging outfits I'd usually avoid. I think I'm still trying to find my style but I've certainly learned more about embracing my curves and how to find outfits that help flatter them. 



6) Visit Somewhere New 

It was tricky visiting somewhere new as everywhere was a little ya know...virusey. I did manage to visit Camden in London, however, with my boyfriend for the first time. I'd never been before and it was a nice change of scene from our usual haunts. 

We had the best food I've ever had in these storage containers that had been turned into food stalls. We had duck and I'm still dreaming about it now. The markets were fun to explore too but ultimately I wouldn't say it was my favourite place to visit in the London. That's not to say it wasn't beautiful and full of unique shops and lots of delicious food. Absolutely recommend. 



10) Learn More Mythology 

I have loved Greek mythology for as long as I can remember. However, I didn't know a lot about the myths and the gods and goddesses. This year I wanted to broaden my knowledge. I started listening to a podcast called 'Let's Talk About Myths Baby' by Liv Albert (yes you have to sing it like the song). Liv makes the myths so fun and digestible and gives a modern woman's commentary on the stories. I have been listening to the podcast from the start and slowly working my way through on Spotify but you can find it on other platforms as well. 
I also began reading the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. Yep, did you guys guess correctly? The 5 book series I finished this year was Percy Jackson and I ADORED them. They're so much fun and soon I want to start reading the other series he's done as well. 
Combine the podcast, the books and my internet searches I feel I have a much wider knowledge of Greek mythology now. I still want to continue as there's still so much more to learn but last year was a very good start. 


Those are all the goals I completed this year. While I only managed 6/10 this year there was still so much I accomplished. As I said before I got a new job and I also moved into a new place which I love and feel very at home in. I also auditioned for a local musical production of Legally Blonde this year. While I didn't get the part (my voice was too bluesy) it was a fantastic experience and I am so proud of myself for having the courage to go for it. I also took a week off with my boyfriend for a week crammed with fun day trips and we made so many lovely memories. 
All in all the year wasn't a total waste and I'm very excited to start 2022 and see what it brings me (even though I'm currently stuck in bed unwell I still have hope. P.S no it's not that stinky virus everyone keeps talking about). 

Happiest New Year to you all! And let me know in the comments if you have any goals set for this year?

Comments