Goals for 2022

So, I've shared my results from my 2021 goal list, now it's time to share my goals for 2022. 

It's important to remember, if you set goals for yourself they're meant to be fun challenges. The concept of them should not be daunting because the idea is to push yourself into doing things you want to do not force yourself because you feel it's what you should do. 

1) Read 10 Books 

I love doing my reading challenge every year. I am such a slow reader and easily distracted but I adore reading. This helps me focus on taking time to read more and last year it was so beneficial. 

2) Watch 90 Films I Haven't Seen Before 

Same as before this is always a great challenge to redo but add more each time I hit a goal. 

3) Learn Sign Language 

Now I'm not saying by the end of the year I need to be fluent or able to use BSL like an expert. That being said, I would like to be able to understand sign language and at least know conversational sign language. I think 2021 was a brilliant year for representation for the hearing impaired. You have characters like Makkari in Marvel's Eternals (played by the incredible Lauren Ridloff) and not forgetting the phenomenal Rose Ayling-Ellis winning Strictly Come Dancing. 

I personally think it should be taught in schools however it isn't so I want to try and learn some myself. 

4) Write 1 Blog a Month 

I didn't quite manage to do 20 last year but setting the goal of at least trying 1 a month may be more manageable. 

I do love my blog but sometimes it's about finding the time and the right thing to write so this goal may help me get back into a more regular posting pattern. 

5) Write 2 Short Stories 

As much as I love writing the story I've been working on for years it is causing some what of a creative block. Setting myself a challenge to write some short stories, like I did at university, may help get my creative flow back. 

6) Apply to 1 Writing Contest 

This is something I always want to do but never actually do it. I think it would be great to get the experience of applying to writing contests as well as linking with the last goal of writing more. 

7) Go on Holiday 

This time I'd like to go away, away. I don't have any plans set in place but I know this year I'd like to do more than a long weekend somewhere away. If all I manage is a short weekend away then that's absolutely fine, this girl just needs some time away!

8) See a Live Performance 

I love the theatre and shows and concerts but have unfortunately missed out on those the past couple of years. This year I'd like to see something live. Doesn't matter what it is it just has to be live. Whether it's a play, or a small gig, I just want to start seeing live shows again. 

9) Go Somewhere New 

I like visiting new places and I hope this year I will have the opportunity to go to more places I've never been. 

10) Save at Least £200

I know this is a low number but I thought if I set it at a realistic number and then save more then that's extra fantastic. 


Let me know in the comments if you've set any goals this year and what they are I'd love to hear your goals! Let's make 2022 a good year and be kinder to ourselves. 

Comments