Go to Makeup Products

Oh hey it's me. Remember me? The girl who intermittently writes blogs and then comes back as if nothing happened? Yeah hi! 

I haven't been wearing much makeup recently and I really want to get back in the swing of it. Last year I challenged myself to do more makeup looks and this year I've hardly done any. I thought to ease my way back in to the makeup scene I'd talk about my go to makeup products. 

Now I'm talking current: always reach for, rely on in a hurry and always travel with. Some of these pictures may not look very aesthetic for the pure reason I use them EVERYTIME I go to use makeup. What I'll do is almost talk you through my go to easy makeup routine by showing the products I always use. 

Face Primer 

Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Primer 

I bought this one when I needed to do a quick makeup haul as I was meeting some of my boyfriend's family and didn't have any makeup with me. I often change up my skin primer anyway because I'm always up for trying new ones to see which work better and this works very nicely. It's very moisturizing and the consistency feels like a moisturizer when putting it on. I've been trying a more dewy finish with my makeup recently and this doesn't set my makeup too matte which is nice. I wouldn't say it's the best primer I've ever used but it makes my skin feel refreshed before I put on my makeup which is much nicer than others I've tried in the past. 

Foundation

Rimmel London Lasting Finish (25 hour) Foundation - Shade '010 Light Porcelain'


This foundation is gorgeous. It applies very nicely and while it's a good coverage it still allows you to build without being cakey on the skin. I did a whole day traipsing around London and it still managed to stay on and look good. I do often try and change up my foundation every now and again, like my primer, but I feel this one I might keep using for a while as I really do love it. 

Concealer 

Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer - Shade 'Ivory'

I ADORE this concealer. I love the applicator, I love the coverage and I love it's wear ability. It's perfect. As you can see, I have totally emptier this one and I desperately need a new one but it is by far by favourite concealer at the moment. If ever I need a touch up that's going to last this, is the concealer I go for. It's light weight but amazing coverage and really brightens my skin. 

Powder 

Rimmel London Match Powder - Shade '001'

I didn't realise how many Rimmel London products I use until making this list. This is one I have been using for yeeears. I think I ventured away and used another one once and it just wasn't the same. It sets my makeup perfectly and really does match perfectly on top of my foundation and concealer. The amazing thing about it is it lasts for ages as well. For someone with oily skin this is a saviour for me. I find with a lot of Rimmel products you get a lot for your money as the products really do last a while. I can't even remember when I last topped up on this. That's how long it lasts!  

Brows 

Maybelline Brow Ultra Slim - Shade 'Black'

I have had a time and a half with my brows. I have very sparse brows so finding anything to make them look nice and more on the natural side is hard. For many years I just used black eyeshadow and a thin brush but one day I borrowed my boyfriend's sister's eyebrow product and I had to get it for myself. It has a thin applicator that allows you to build and help shape your brows and then a spoolie at the end to help brush them out and give them that more natural look. I have really loved using this recently. It makes my brows 10x quicker to put on and it makes them look more natural. 

Eyeshadow Primer 

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original 

This is by far my ride or die eyeshadow primer. I have been using it for years and I will always always stick by it. Let me put it this way: my cousin and I once had to stay overnight after a concert as the trains were cancelled due to strikes. I had no makeup wipes so had to sleep in my eye makeup on and it stayed just as good the next day when I woke up. THAT'S how good this stuff is. And it seems to last forever! I always forget the last time I topped out on one!

Eyeshadow

Smashbox Photo Mattes Eyeshadow Palette 

Now I have many many many eyeshadow palettes but when it comes to a a palette I take everywhere with me without fail it's this one. It was kindly bought for me as I don't normally indulge in more expensive palettes but this is another ride or die. You can tell because of the amount of shades I've hit pan on. It is a perfect palette as it has all the browns you need (browns I used to use for my brows by the way). It's great for a simple eye look and not to mention it's a wonderful travel size. 

Kiko Milano Metallic Eyeshadow - Shade '02'


I've counted this in the list as I always have this in my makeup bag. It's a great way to make a simple look seem bolder and it's so easy to use. I've mentioned it on this blog before and it's truly a wonderful product. I've tried to look out for other shades just like it but haven't had much luck yet. It's easy to apply and it goes with so many makeup looks not to mention it's pigmented as hell! 

Mascara 

Maybelline Lashsational - Shade 'Intense Black' 

I have really heavy lashes so I'm always keen to find a mascara that not only looks amazing but keeps my lashes up and looking bold and this mascara does just that. The applicator is perfect for making sure they're all separated but helps keep them curled and up for the whole day. I think this is another one I'll go back to buy again.

Blush 

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink - Shade '60 Poet'


I adore these liquid lipsticks and I will mention my favourite shorly but for now I will say I use this one actually as a blush. I like the colour but it's too pale on my lips so as a blush it's perfect. It helps keep my dewy glow and really brightens my face. I apply a few dabs and then blend it with a makeup sponge and it's now one of my go to looks. 

Highlight 

Tom Ford Soleil Eye and Cheek Palette

This is another excellent palette to travel with as it not only has eyeshadows but has a blush and a highlight as well. The highlight is my personal favourite. It's really pigmented but you can also build on it. It's lovely to apply and I often tend to do so with just my finger. I was kindly bought this one as a present as well and I was so surprised at how much I use it. 

Lipstick 

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink - Shade '70 Amazonian' 


This is a go to lipstick so much so I want more and more. It's an amazing colour to start with but also stays on amazingly as well. It does come off a little after I've eaten but other than that it stays oooon. I have to scrub and scrub to get this off after I've worn it. They feel so velvety on as well which is so lovely and not to mention they smell amazing. 


That's all for my current go to makeup items. Let me know any that you use and how you find them or if you have some new suggestions for me in the comments! 

Comments