5 Least Favourite Films of 2020

So while I did watch some truly amazing films in 2020 I did also watch some not so great films. I really don't like to criticize films or TV shows because I know a lot of work has gone into making them. However, in my personal opinion I felt these films either weren't very good or simply fell flat when they had the makings of being something great. So here is my list of my five least favourite films I watched in 2020. 

Unforgettable 

My words to my boyfriend when going through my list of 70 films I'd watched and I came to this one was 'The ironic thing is I can't remember what this film is about'. I now do remember but in truth I wasn't overwhelmed. It had the makings of being a good thriller with the ex wife still being obsessed with her ex husband and being really evil to the new wife. Unfortunately, this is a story that I think has been over used. I did really enjoy the cast and it was interesting seeing Katherine Heigl in a thriller but the story line was predictable and I just found myself, as I said, forgetting this film. 

Hell Fest 

My boyfriend and I chose this horror film to watch over Netflix party one evening while drinking. It was a stereotypical horror with basic plot points and over used stereotypical characters. I wasn't scared at all and actually found myself laughing at the cringe worthy horror rather than cowering behind my pillow. 

Tales from Earthsea 

It wasn't that this was a bad movie it just wasn't that great in my eyes. There was just too much going on. Apparently, it was based on a series of books and they tried to condense a lot of the books content into one film. I spent a lot of my time being very confused. As always with a Ghibli film the animation was stunning but the story felt all over the place and I lost track of what was going on. 

Dangerous Lies 

This was another film I had to remind myself of when going back over my list. Again this had the makings of being quite a good thriller but it felt like the writers started off well but didn't know how to end it. I felt the plot took a bit of a swan dive and I found myself getting bored and predicting the ending. While there were many twists that genuinely shocked me (in a good way) I found the overall plot and boring. 

Witches of Eastwick 

The cast for this film was iconic so it was a surprise that I found myself genuinely disliking this film. It was another film that I loved the concept of but while it wasn't a bad film I think I was just disappointed and generally bored in some parts. I just felt, given all the amazing actors in it, it fell flat. I can always tell if a film hasn't done what it's intended if I've had to go back and read up on the plot so I could grasp what it was about. It wasn't the worst film I'd watched that year but it was the most disappointing. 


What films have you watched recently that left you unsatisfied? Are there any films in my list you think I've been unfair on? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments