5 Favourite Films of 2020

As I stated in a previous a blog I watched 70 films I hadn't seen before last year as one of my goals. This challenge usually pushes me to watch films I wouldn't normally pick and try something new. So I thought I'd share my top five favourite movies from last year that I watched for the first time. 

Spirited Away 

I watched loads of Ghibli films with my boyfriend over Netflix party during the first lockdown. It was hard to pick just one as my favourite (Kiki's Delivery Service was a close second) but this was the one that we started with. The animation is beautiful, the story was so unique and it was just such a fun and wholesome film I really enjoyed it. There's something really magical about Ghibli films. They have a way of making you feel nostalgic even though you have never watched them before. If you want to start watching them this would be a good one to start with. 

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Mamma Mia! is and will always be one of my favourite films of all time so I was more than excited to watch the sequel (which sort of works as a prequel as well). I watched this with one of my friends, Lewis, on a day we decided to binge watch a bunch of musicals. I know there are so many inconsistencies between the first film and this. Do I care though? Nope. Was the music really great? Yes. And did it make me want to run away to Greece and live my best life with my friends? Hell yes! It's a feel good film and that's what I want from a musical. I usually get so annoyed with errors but with this I decided to just look past it and focus on how fun it was. 

Descendants 1-3

Now I know this shouldn't count as one whole one but I watched all the films back to back and I shouldn't have loved them but I DID! I love a good musical anyway now make it a musical about Disney villains children? Perfect! It was so much fun they were really easy to watch and I found myself watching them again which is a sign of a good film. They're cheesey and a little tacky but with a Disney Channel original film you know that when you go into it. I think some of the songs are really good so I really enjoyed them. 

Coco 

I watched this a little reluctantly mostly because the trailer didn't really excite me but the more I saw people say how good it was I realised I wasn't giving it a fair shot. To say this is one of Pixar's greatest triumphs is an UNDERSTATEMENT. It was simply gorgeous to watch. I was very glad I got to know a bit more about Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and I found the story so beautiful and I sobbed a lot at the ending.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

I shan't lie to you. I mostly watched this because I heard Demi Lovato was in it and I'm obsessed with her (spoiler - she's hardly in it) but when I say this is one of my favourite films EVER now I mean it. It's just a hilarious film, the music is actually amazing and I listen to it in my free time and it was just so fun to watch. I have watched this three times now since it came out and I will happily sit there and watch it again. It's a great film and such a feel good film. 


My aim this year is to watch 80 films I haven't seen before are there any you watched in 2020 that you think I should try this year? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments