My Top 5 Favourite Christmas Films

This time of year would not be complete without cheesy Christmas films that we can watch while snuggled on the sofa and eating all the Christmas treats we can find. As my family are big on Christmas I have watched many a Christmas film over the years. The good, the cheesy and in some cases the so bad you still kind of love them. However, there are those that I go back to EVERY year without fail. So here are my top 5 favourite Christmas films.

Love Actually

It's a classic romantic comedy and I usually watch it more than once at Christmas. The thing I really like about this film is that everyone knows each other in some way. I know all the words and even spent one drama lesson reenacting all the iconic scenes with my best friend when we were in college.

Nativity!

This film is just so damn wholesome. It's really cute and I really enjoy the fact a lot of it was improvised. I used to love doing nativitys when I was a kid so it brings back really fond memories. Some of the stuff the kids come out with is so funny and Martin Freeman's character is very relatable.

The Santa Clause 2

While I do adore the first one the second one is my favourite overall. I watched it this week and what's great is that it didn't rely heavily on CGI like some films do nowadays. I adore the fact the reindeers are animatronics and they're the best part about the film. I want my own Comet.

The Holiday

Over the past few years this has hopped onto my favourites list. It makes me so damn happy and I could watch it again and again. It may not feel totally centered around Christmas but it's still wonderful.

Vicar of Dibley Holy Wholly Happy Ending

Now this isn't actually a movie and I don't even know if this counts as a Christmas special but I watch it every Christmas. It's hilarious and cute and Richard Armitage is just adorable.



What are your favourite things to watch at Christmas time? Let me know in the comments!

Comments