Autumn Favourites 2019

I can't believe Autumn is drawing to a close. It's gone so quick and it's been so long since I've done a favourites blog. I especially have a lot of makeup favourites that I accumulated in September and have been loving every since. So these are all the things I've greatly enjoyed using over the Autumn period.

BEAUTY 

NYX Cosmetics: Can't Stop Won't Stop Full Coverage Foundation (shade 'Light')

I had been using a very very cheap foundation for too long. It just wasn't even worth using anymore even with a really good primer underneath. When my birthday came about I knew it was time to invest in something better so I went to the NYX counter in Boots. She colour matched me and I was sold. The coverage is perfect for my skin and is really good at covering my redness without the need for a colour corrector.

NYX Cosmetics: Can't Stop Won't Stop Contour Concealer (shade 'Light Ivory') 

The foundation purchase then led to a concealer purchase. I love this so much. It's perfect! It really brightens up my face and conceals the dark bags under my eyes. Blemishes be gone!

NYX Cosmetics: Can't Stop Won't Stop Setting Powder 

Yeah I may have made another NYX purchase...And I regret nothing! This powder is really good and gives me a lovely matte finish, which I like, without making my skin look dry. Another great thing about this is a little goes a long way which is different from most setting powders I'd tried before.

NYX Cosmetics: Can't Stop Won't Stop Matte Finish Setting Spray 

Just accept that the next few entries will be NYX purchases okay...But this stuff is AMAZING. I wore it to a wedding recently and it lasted me the whole day (about 12 hours) and my makeup still looked lovely and in place. I was told to get the best results it was good to put on over primer and them spray over your face at the end too.

NYX Cosmetics Vivid Brights Colored Liquid Liner (shades 'Vivid Sapphire' & 'Vivid Fire') 

Last NYX entry I swear!

I saw someone wearing the 'Vivid Sapphire' colour a few weeks before going into NYX and I really wanted to get my hands on it. I've been wanting to play a bit more with colours recently when it came to my eye makeup so I thought this eyeliner was a good place to start. But I couldn't just get one could I? They're so pigmented and apply really easily.



Here's a picture of me wearing the 'Vivid Sapphire' liner with no filter on the picture at all to show you how bright the colour comes out.

Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara 

I got this in a box of beauty items when I spent over a certain amount in Boots (as you can tell from above...I spent a lot...so I got 2 boxes!). This mascara was in the beauty box and I use it all the time. I have quite long heavy lashes so I need a good mascara that keeps them up and doesn't let them drop.

Minnie Mouse Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette 

I was given this for my birthday and I'd seen it in Primark and thought it was very cute. I won't deny I like some Primark makeup but I've not always found their eyeshadows to be all that good but this one is fantastic. It's really pigmented and they blend really nicely as well. I really like the dark colours to use to put in the crease. The two highlighters are nice as well and surprisingly bright too.

HAIR 

L'Oreal Paris Magic Retouch (shade 'Black') 

This instant retouch spray has been a live saver recently. I sometimes don't always have the time to sit and dye my roots so this stuff is brilliant to hide those pesky blonde roots and stop me from looking like a skunk.
Only slight issue is that when my very tall boyfriend hugs me and puts his head on mine it does come off on his chin so anyone with tall partners be warned!

HOME

Yankee Candles (scents 'Lemon Lavender', 'Midsummer Night' & 'Sea Air')

I've always loved Yankee candles, this isn't news, but I have recently been loving some new scents that I got in the last few months. They all make me feel really calm and relaxed and they have such homely scents.

TV 

RuPaul's Drag Race UK 

I really enjoyed the UK season. It was nice to see humour and references that I understood and see what the UK drag scene had to offer. All were fantastic. While of all the top 3 I wanted Divina de Campo to win I did feel The Vivienne still deserved it and was brilliant.

The Crown (season 3) 

I was so happy to have this back on Netflix. I love a good period drama and there was a lot of things in this season I didn't know like the Aberfan incident and it was so moving. I haven't finished the season so far but I'm really enjoying i and it's perfect for a cozy night in.


What are some of the things you've been enjoying over Autumn time? Let me know in the comments!

Comments