5 Favourites from my 60 Film Challenge

Recently I posted my 5 least favourite films I'd watched during my '60 Film Challenge' and now I wanted to share my top 5 favourites. It was quite hard to narrow the list down but I went with the films that I remembered the most and envoked the greatest emotion in me...basically if they made me cry they made the list.



*Disclaimer this will have spoilers for these films*

Isn't It Romantic

I was sold on this the moment I saw the trailer. A mick take of romcoms with Rebel Wilson was like the perfect recipe for a comedy.
The aesthetic of the film was my favourite and it was genuinely funny. It mocked all the cliches of romantic comedies but it was still funny and enjoyable. I related so much to Rebel's character, Natalie, who started as a really self deprecating person and then chose, in the end, to love herself first.
Adam Devine and Rebel Wilson work so well together I really hope they do another project together soon because I would watch anything with those two in it.
It's such a feel good film and afterwards I was in a really good mood and also learnt a valuable lesson from it too.

Burlesque

This is one of the many films my best friend, Libby, told me to watch and I caved one night and did. Oh. My. God. I'm a sucker for musicals but add in: gorgeous costumes, Christina Aguilera and Cher (and Stanley Tucci), original songs and covers. I'm in heaven.
It made me crave musical theatre all over again and everyone was so talented! I wish I could say more about this film but I really think it speaks for itself when you watch it.

Dark Shadows

This was another film recommended by Libby and I have watched this multiple times this year already. I won't deny I'm not usually in love with Tim Burton's film but I adore this one. Johnny Depp is hilarious as the old vampire, Barnabas Collins, and Eva Green can literally curse me any day she was divine in this (well, she's divine in everything anyway). The aesthetic alone is enough to want me to go full Goth and live in a mansion in the middle of nowhere but the fact the film is funny, as well, just makes it even better.

The Accountant

I watched this film on a whim one day because it was on Netflix and I wanted to watch something with action. I don't know if I was just in an emotional mood but this film touched me. I loved it. The fact that the main character who was intelligent and strong had autism but still showed he was capable of so much, really hit me.
Don't get me wrong, I know Ben Affleck has a rep for not being...amazing...but by GOD he was phenomenal in this film. I really can't wait for a second one to come out because I was just so hooked on this film. I cried. I actually cried at the end. A lot.

Avengers: End Game

I want to start by saying...I know this film had it's flaws. I won't deny...Weird Banner/Hulk was just random but I really liked this film.
It was the first time in a while I had no idea how a film was going to end. I had no clue what they were going to do with it. I nearly slapped Libby in the face when Captain America picked up Mjolnir (that's Thor's hammer for you unclutured people out there). I cried when all the woman came out together. I cried when Tony died. I cried when Cap said goodbye. I cried 3000 okay!
It felt it was a nice close for an era of Marvel with some of the original cast.






What were some of your favourite films this year so far?


Comments