Tips for Visiting Disneyland Paris

My Chummy (Sasha) and I have become somewhat of Disneyland Paris experts. When we get there we know exactly what we're doing so we can enjoy our days even more. However, this has come from visiting the park quite often so I thought I'd impart some of my wisdom by giving future goers a little run down of the parks and my top tips.


The main Disney park itself is split into 4 main sections. You have Main Street which is the first street you walk in from and then there is: Fantasy Land, Frontier Land, Discovery Land and Adventure Land.

Main Street 

As I said above this is where you come into the park i.e. the MAIN street...ey...ey...Anyway it's filled with shops and places to get food and merchandise to help to indulge in all your Disney dream buys. I really love going in the shops and having a mooch everytime I get there because sometimes there is old stuff I wanted to buy that I didn't before or there is brand new merchandise I want to get my hands on.


TIP: It can be very easy to get sucked in to the stuff to buy at Disney. It's all colourful and wonderful BUT sometimes when you take certain items home you question why you bought them. This is why I always question myself before I buy it. Do I want this? Or do I just like it because of it's current surroundings? If you're unsure you can always go back to the shop later if you still have your mind set on it. But I always say hold off on items you're uncertain of because there is so much in the park you don't want to spend all your money in one place.

With the castle it's Sleeping Beauty's castle so you can go in and you get a little walk through of the story. It's written in French but if you know the film well enough (like me) you won't need the run downs. Plus the tapestries and stain glass windows are so gorgeous you won't need it.


TIP: Sometimes they have the upstairs balconies open and if they do defiantly use them! You get to see a wonderful view of the park.

Another wonderful thing about Main Street is that it's the place for the parades. I'm not saying you have to see the parade everyday but try and see it at least once.


TIP: To get a good spot try and find a place at least 20 minutes before the parade (times may change depending on time of year so always try and find out from a cast member when you arrive). Same goes for the light show in the evening which usually happens on the castle.

Fantasy Land

If you go through the castle you come straight out into Fantasy Land. I'd say this is probably the prettiest section of the Park for all you Instagrammers out there that want your good shots. Personally I'd also say this is the most child friendly section with lots of kid friendly rides. You have the Peter Pan ride, It's a Small World and Snow White ride, to name but a few.
It also has the Alice in Wonderland Maze if you wanted to try something that isn't a ride. I tried this for the first time on my last visit and actually really liked it.


In Fantasy Land is also Princess Pavilion where you get to meet a Disney Princess.

TIP: There are only 2 Princesses on at certain times so always check outside the Pavilion what ones they have on as they usually have it on a sign and then you can decide if you want to queue. I'm pretty sure they change it daily so you can always go back and see who is on on certain days.

TIP: There are usually quite a few characters walking around Fantasy Land so if you want to meet one get in quick but DO NOT SHOVE. No one likes that and it's rude.

Discovery Land 

This section of the park is the one that's designed quite steam punk and "Sciency". Here you have the Buzz Lightyear ride and my favourite from this section is Hyperspace Mountain.
In this area you'll also find the other main Star Wars ride which was always my favourite as a child and has recently been updated and is very good. I always feel like this is one of the longest to queue. Saying that, like everything in Disneyland, the queue is themed and it's really cool. For the little ones I think there is also the Jedi Training School which may be something to look at if your kids are Star Wars fans.

Frontier Land 

This is the slightly wild west themed section and if you have the time look up the story behind it. There is a whole story behind the land and it links to the Phantom Manor story too. I adore this area mainly because of Phantom Manor and I was gutted that it was closed due to renovations last time I went.

Adventure Land 

Now this is MY favourite section of the park. Not only do you go through Agrabah but you also have the Jungle and then the Pirate section. It has nearly all my favourite rides including, most importantly, Pirates of the Caribbean.
I feel this is the most packed section where you also have an Aladdin story walk through and Indiana Jones ride, there's just so much to look at and do.


TIP: I'd say this is officially the best place to meet characters. There will be certain meet and great areas for characters and they will tell you times so you know when they'll be there and also sometimes you can just see them wandering around. WE MET CAPTAIN FREAKING JACK SPARROW!

Walt Disney Studios 

This is an entirely different park in a sense. You have a different entrance and it's set up completely different as well. Here you can meet characters as well and go on lots of other rides. It's made to look a lot like a film set and you also have the Tram Tour where you can see film sets and get a talk through about how everything works. I enjoy the studios and it's really interesting seeing the different rides and characters that you wouldn't get see in the main park. For example, here we have gotten to meet Buzz Lightyear and Mr. Incredible.


TIP: Chummy and I actually dedicate a whole day to this park and when we're done in the evening we sometimes go back to the main park and go on some more rides there if we have extra time.


That's everything I can impart to you about my Disneyland Paris park wisdom. I hope this has helped any of you and if you have any questions please feel free to send them my way!



Comments