New KIKO MILANO Haul

A few weeks back I received a call from my step mother (Michelle) advising me there was a sale at Kiko Milano and if I wanted something she'd get it for me. She got extra step mum brownie points because she a) thought of me when there was a sale and b) was in Kiko in the first place.
I having been raving about this brand for ages now. The products are fantastic and are very reasonably priced. I just think they're such a wonderful brand and I use many of their products on a daily basis.


So here is my recent haul bought for me by my step mum who also got me more than I asked for (bless her and thank you to her) and my review on them.

Golden Waves Blush - 01 Sand Shores 


My step mum picked this up as it was part of the brands summer range: Golden Waves. When I saw it initially, I thought it was a bronzer but on further inspection it is, in fact, a blusher.
First of all I'd like to note it smells like heaven (as all Kiko products do). It's hard to describe the smell but it always makes me happy when putting it on.
Upon doing a swatch test I discovered it was very smooth and light. When it goes on it does have a slightly glowy effect, a bit like a bronzer, but it brightens your cheek like a blusher does. So with the added shine it gives a nice summer glow.
I have used this everyday since I've got it and I can honestly say it's one of the best surprise products I've ever had. It's highly pigmented as well which means I don't need a lot on my brush and it still doesn't even look like I've used it. As I'm so pale it makes my skin look lovely and healthy for summer.

Golden Waves Metallic Eyeshadow - 01 Silky Gold 



I've only ever had one other liquid eyeshadow before and I really struggled to blend it so was initially apprehensive of this product. But on application a tiny dab goes a long way and it blends out like a dream. I tend to put a bit on my lid and then blend it out but you can put it straight on and leave to dry.
The only thing is when it first comes out it's very liquidy (I know it's not a word but let's pretend it is) so just keep that in mind when going to apply and be careful with the applicator. Other than that it's perfect for a quick eye look and the shimmer stays on throughout the day.

Water Eyeshadow - 204 Plum 


I always like Kiko eyeshadows and this one is cool because when you add water to it it goes darker. I haven't tried this effect myself just yet, mostly because I like using this in my crease, but even the colour on it's own is great.
I feel this colour is good for all times of year but I look forward to using it on my eyes in the autumn time. The shimmer is strong but I do have a couple of qualms about it.
The first is that you need to dip into the product quite a few times to get the colours full potential but that could be because it's more pigmented when you add water. Another is that trying to open this product is really tricky and it gets really stiff. As you can see in the photo this has caused me and my step mum to catch our finger in the product which is annoying. This may just be my specific box so hopefully this isn't on all of them.

Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick - 327 Warm Nude


This was something I asked Michelle to pick up for me as I wanted a new nude lipstick so I had something different from the same 3 I always reach for. As always the lipstick smells incredible and the colour looked lovely but when applying to my lips I can find it's quite streaky at first. It's okay it can just take a few layers to feel full. On the back of my hand, as well, it's a lovely pinkish nude but when on my lips it just looks a lot paler. This isn't the products fault as it may be the colours effect with my skin tone. I do also find the colour doesn't dry matte it just gives a matte finish. Having said that that could just be because I'm very used to dry dry matte lipsticks and it is a velvet matte so it will be a lot softer. The plus side of it not drying so matte is that it's very creamy and feels good on the lips. What's also good is the lid is magnetic so there is no fear of it popping off in your handbag.

Last Gel Eyeliner 


I have actually been using this stuff for a few ages, years maybe, and mine ran dry a little while ago so I asked if another could be purchased for me. The product is still insanely good. With the use of the brush and the brilliant gel I can get the most neat looking cat eyes you've ever seen. I can use it to get thick eyeliner looks or even just little ones. The best part is it stays on...FOREVER. Okay not quite forever but this stuff stays OOON. It doesn't smudge or start to crumble off, the only time it might is when my eyes sometimes water in the corners and it takes off the wing a little but other than that it stays on brilliantly. To the point it can actually be a bit of a bitch to get off but in a good way!

Glow Fusion Powder Highlighter - 02 Heavenly Gold


I have become a little bit obsessed with highlighters in the last few months so naturally I asked if Michelle could find me a new one. Just as suspected this is lovely. As the name suggests it gives a nice glow that's quite soft and not too in your face so allows you to build if you want it even stronger. The gold is nice and summery and feels soft when applying to my skin.

Comments