April Favourites 2018

Over the month of April I accumulated many things that I now use in my everyday life. Anything that makes my life nicer is instantly a permanent favourite and generally when I find a product I love I tend to keep buying and reusing it to death. So here are my recent favourites.


BEAUTY

Rosy Cheeks Facemask from Lush

This was a little luxury product for me as I don't normally buy from Lush. It is simply because their products are quite pricey but since having a little talk through of the products (which I will write about soon) and trying out the products it's totally worth the money.
The one I was recommended was 'Rosy Cheeks' face mask to help with some of the redness in my face from acne scars. Let me tell you, it really flipping works. I use the product every other night and have noticed a massive decrease in the redness on my face. The face mask smells amazing and the ingredients include: kaolin, calamine and Turkish rose oil. Lush only use natural products in their items which is good for someone who, like me, has very sensitive skin. So far I'm only about half way through and I'd had it for 2 weeks which is brilliant. You don't need a lot to cover your whole face and it's so soothing.

(£7.50/ 75g)

Primark Aplif-Eyed Mascara (Black) 

I picked this up in a Primark makeup haul and at first I wasn't 100% sure about it but now after using it for a few times it's one of my favourite mascaras ever. The brush really helps to elongate my lashes and it's got a lot of product in the tube to make my lashes darker and thicker without getting clumpy. I've found it actually better than some of my highend mascaras. 

(£2.00) 

HAIR

Garnier 'Ultimate Blends' Shampoo and Conditioner (Argan oil and Cranberry) 

I picked these up simply because I needed new shampoo and they were on sale. Having said that this shampoo and conditioner are lovely. Not only have they helped revitalise my hair and make it feel less dry it also smells incredible. Normally after blow drying, straightening and curling my hair it can smell a little bit burnt (even with the use of heat protector spray) but with these I can still smell the shampoo for days afterwards.

(Prices vary depending on where you get them but many UK drugstores like Superdrug and Boots have them on sale)

Batiste 'Dry Shampoo' - Luxe (Limited Edition)

Dry shampoo is brilliant for when you're running late and haven't had the chance to wash your hair or you want just a quick refresh. I've found, however, I've not always been in love with the classic Batiste dry shampoo smell. I found this limited edition one (admittedly I did just pick this one because the packaging was pretty and again it was on sale) and it not only does all the brilliant things dry shampoo normally does but it also smells amazing. The website describes the smell as 'lavish floral notes' but either way it smelt nice. 

(Prices again depend on the store you get them from and with this being Limited Edition I don't know how much longer it will be out but I bought it from Boots) 

FASHION 

Primark Rose Gold Sunglasses 

I have a wee addiction to sunglasses, especially Primark ones. They have some gorgeous ones in there at the moment ready for Summer and I simply HAD to have these pink/rose gold ones. There's not much more to say other than they're pretty and keep the sun out my eyes. 

(£3.00)

Primark Blouses 

England has been hot. Like. With sun. No rain. So that has meant my normal thick clothes and t-shirts have been too hot to survive in so I've invested in quite a few blouses from Primark. They fit nicely and go well with skirts or jeans or shorts (so basically they do with anything). Most importantly they're thin and flowy to help with the heat. 

(This is a photo of myself in the flamingo design. All blouses are usually between £4.00-£6.00. And photo credit to my friend Nikko Gabriel. His Instagram is @n.ikk.o)

TV

Netflix have recently put up every series of 'Friends' and I've been re-watching from the start. I have watched up to season 4 before and then seen the odd episode here and there so it's really nice to put on in the background and binge watch. Regardless of how old it is it still manages to make me laugh and it's so easy to watch I love it. 

YOUTUBE 

Louise Pentland (Sprinkleofglitter)

Over the past couple of months I've been watching Louise religiously. Something about watching her YouTube videos relaxes me so much. She's so open and honest and fun I just love taking some time to myself to watch her weekly vlog. Not only that her homeware halls and mothercare stuff excite and fascinate me an awful lot and I just adore Louise as a person. 

Louise's channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Sprinkleofglitter 

Buzzfeed Unsolved 

I got introduced to this YouTube show by my friend Nikko (who I've mentioned above) and I have been watching no stop. I watch the 'Superantural' and 'True Crime' ones. For the 'Supernatural' episode the show basically talks about places and things that are said to be haunted and then the main guys (Ryan and Shane) investigate them. The best thing is, it's not like a typical supernatural documentary where they just make everything over the top. They go over the history and actually try to find stuff and Shane's lack of belief always makes me laugh. With the 'True Crime' I find those fascinating because they talk about unsolved cases I've never heard of before and they really interest me. But the guys manage to make the series light hearted and fun and it always puts me in a good mood. 

Buzzfeed unsolved videos and playlists - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBUVGPsJzc1U8SECMgBaMFw 

STATIONARY 

Goddess Journal 

I've mentioned I'm quite obsessed with certain things but my stationary obsession is bigger than all my other obsessions. 


Recently I popped into Paperchase to have a look around because there was a sale and...well...it's Paperchase. My friend Heather pointed out this beauty journal as she thought it would help me with my blog because I can be a nightmare at noting down my favourite beauty products and places to go. Plus it was pretty and stationary related so I didn't take much more convincing. It has 6 different sections: Beauty, Hair, Nails, Skincare and Makeup, Fashion and Destinations. It's perfect for a blogger on the go or even just someone who likes keeping tabs on their fave products and where they got them or treatment places they want to remember. 

(Originally £14.00 but I got it for £4.00 in the sale)


I hope some of my April favourites have showed you some new products you can try and if you have any recent favourites that you think I should try out then comment below or contact me on my social media links!

Comments

  1. Great post, one of the most informative posts on this subject online actually.
    Thanks and keep up the great work.
    www.topvoucherscode.co.uk/wallis-discount-voucher-codes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog..! I really like reading through this article... Thanks for sharing such an great post with us and keep blogging...
    Ultimate Outdoors Voucher Codes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment