Primark Beauty Haul and Review

Upon one of my many trips into the Mother-Ship that is Primark, I found myself having a look over some of their P.S... makeup products. I decided to buy a bunch of them and test them out. My main reason for doing so was because, being a student, I wanted to find cheap alternatives to products I already buy and see if I could recommend any products to anyone obsessed with makeup but also on a budget. I did want to try their foundation and concealer but unfortunately I couldn't find my shade so I bought the following and thought I'd review them.

Nail Polish

Colours - 'Lavender Blush' and 'Evergreen' (0.50p, on sale). 'Rock Your World', 'Turquoise Dream', 'Vintage Rose', 'Ocean' and 'Pink Lady' (0.90p) 

It was the colours that drew me to these in the first place but I was nervous that on the nails they wouldn't be as good...I was very, very wrong. You only need two coats and the colours are just how they look in the bottle. They stay on just as well as my pricier nail varnishes and for such a low price you can get so many colours to restock your collection...like me...I'm eventually gonna need a crate for all my nail varnishes.

('Lavender Blush' and 'Evergreen')

('Rock Your World', 'Turquoise Dream', 'Vintage Rose', 'Ocean' and 'Pink Lady')

Super Matte Liquid Lipstick

Colour - 'Karla' (£2.00)

This is now officially one of my favourite liquid lipstick of all time. The colour is very pigmented and you only need one dip to get it at its full capacity. It's not streaky and it stays on really well. Matte liquid lipsticks sometimes dry out my lips but this one doesn't which is really nice. I'm going back for more colours very soon! I also found the applicator is slightly flat which helps when you reach the outline of your lips and you want to avoid messy lines.

False Eyelashes   

(£1.00)

I don't normally wear false eyelashes (mostly because I'm not very good at putting them on) but I thought because these were so cheap I should try and give them a go again. I found these nice to wear and they looked nice when on. I'm not an expert on false eyelashes but for a newbie I liked them.

Amplif-eyed Mascara 

Colour 'Black' (£2.00)

I have a sort of love/hate relationship with this mascara. Sometimes it will work really well and other times it can come out the tube quite clumpy and make my lashes clump together rather than fanning them out. I wouldn't say it was overall bad just sometimes it's a hit and miss.

2PK Blender Sponge 

(£1.50)

I'm going to be brutally honest and say I really hated these. I found the sponges too hard to work with and they absorbed so much of my foundation product it just made my skin look a mess. I tried both sponges and both seemed to place the makeup on top of my skin rather than making it look natural with my skin. I really wouldn't recommend these and I will stick with my Real Techniques makeup sponge.

NUDES Metallic Eye Cream 

Colour 'Day Dream' (£2.00) 

When I dipped my finger in the tester and tried this on the back of my hand it was a soft glitter that sparkled nicely however when trying to use it on my eyelid it didn't look as great. It was quite clumpy and wasn't as glittery as I thought. Now, it may be that I'm applying it wrong or it just doesn't work for me but I've tried applying with my finger and on top of eyeshadow with a brush and it simply doesn't give the effect I was looking for which was a shame. In the photo below I've placed on a couple of coats on my hand and it is a beautiful product it just simply didn't work on my eyes. But I may be able to try using it a different way or even as a highlighter instead.

High Pigment Blusher 

Colour 'Peach' (£1.50)

This product really lives up to it's name. I went in with low expectations, in truth. I slathered loads onto my brush only to then realise I looked like a doll with bright pink cheeks. A little goes a long way with this product and I think the peach colour is a lovely refreshing spring shade. The picture doesn't do it justice as it looks much better on cheeks than it does on the back of my hand.




Overall I really liked a lot of the products I bought from Primark and I think I would recommend the brand if you're looking for some nice cheap products. Obviously, they're not the best makeup brand I've ever tried but for the price value and the quality of some of their items I really rate them well.

Comments