Disney Travel Essentials

In just a mere few days I will be on my way to the happiest place on earth...DISNEYLAND PARIS!!!

Over the next few weeks most of my blogs will be Disney themed so be prepared for a Disney spam. Todays blog, however, is about my personal essentials for my up-coming trip to Disney including all the things I must have with me whether it's for travelling or staying at the hotel itself.

Passport and New Cover

This sounds like a natural common sense one and I can almost hear you all saying 'Erm obviously you'll be bringing your passport, Lauren, duh!' but give me a second. For Christmas my Step-Mum bought me this absolutely gorgeous, rose gold passport cover with my initial on it specifically for the trip. Aside from the fact it's stunning I have recently found with the case it's easier to find in my bag and the little pockets on the inside are perfect to hold ticket information.


You can get covers like this from a few places but I believe my Step-Mum got my one from New Look.

A Book 

For the journey itself my best friend and I are taking the Eurostar. The journey is roughly 2-3 hours long so I like to bring something other than my iPod to pass the time. Bringing a book makes the journey go a lot quicker for me especially as I spend the whole journey getting more and more impatient because I just want to be at the park.


I'm currently reading 'A Court of Mist and Fury' by Sarah J. Maas which is the second book to 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' and I'm really enjoying it so far. 

A Notebook

I also like bringing a notebook for the holiday. I'll either use this for the journey to write some ideas down to pass the time or write notes on my day when we're at the park so I don't forget anything.

Minnie Mouse Ears 

I wore these on my last trip and I was gutted when the day came I couldn't wear them on a day-to-day basis. Although there are some new rose gold ears I have my eyes set on, I still want to bring my original pair as they're so cute and I love wearing them.

Disney PJs

There is no way I'm going to Disneyland and not going the whole hog and wearing Disney PJs as well! You're in Disney right? Go full on Disney or go home! If you want a good set of Disney PJs for a good price I would recommend Primark. They have really comfy and sweet sets for usually £10 and nearly all my PJs are Disney themed anyway...

Disney-bound Clothes

The best way I could describe Disneybounding is: dressing in everyday clothes that visually resemble characters from Disney without wearing a fully fledged costume.
I find Disneybounding so clever and I actually follow and account on Instagram called @thedisneybound which has a bunch of collages to help inspire some Disneybound styles. I didn't indulge in Disneybounding last time I went to Disney but this time I wanted to give it a go so I bought a lovely dress from Primark which I can use to Disneybound Minnie Mouse without wearing a costume.

Red Lipstick 

This may not be an essential for everyone but it is for me. I can't go to Disney and don my Minnie Mouse ears without wearing some red lipstick as well.
I have quite a few red lipsticks in my collection and my favourites to wear are matte. The two I tend to go towards and my favourite is Kiko Milano.

Small Bag 

When I travel to Disneyland I bring a large back-pack for the journey but for the day-to-day roaming around I much prefer to take a small bag. It just makes getting on and off rides easier and if I meet a character I don't have a large bag ruining the picture. I got this bag from Peacocks years ago and this is my go-to night out bag which I will use for Disneyland.

Little Purse

Because the bag I have is much smaller than my normal handbag I find it better to bring a smaller purse to fit inside as well. Also, my normal purse is full of loyalty cards I simply won't need on the trip so this cute purse I got from Accessorize is perfect for holding my Euros for that day and my card and ID if needed.



I'm very excited for my trip and hope my list of essentials inspires you for any upcoming Disney trips of your own!

Comments