New Year Goals

I'm gonna say it: I hate New Year's Resolutions. I love New Year and all the exciting potential it holds it's just the resolutions I have an issue with. My reasons for this is I don't think you should wait until the New Year to resolve something or set a new goal, not to mention there is so much pressure involved. It's wonderful for anyone who has set resolutions and changed their lives for the better because of them but I just don't like them. I've noticed whenever someone doesn't complete a resolution they'll either just give up and say 'Oh I'll do it next year' or get really down and hard on themselves.

To avoid this, a couple of years ago, I started setting 10 goals each year instead. I have mentioned this before on the blog so if you haven't read about it (first of all - rude - ) I shall explain: the 10 goals include things I challenge myself to complete before the end of the year. This can include reading a certain amount of books, trying to go somewhere or even things I have planned that I want to make sure I do. Afterwards, I then write about it either in a blog post or in a journal. This way it feels more like a challenge that I have to try and get all 10 and I make some nice memories from it.

So I thought for the first year I'd share my 10 Goals.

Goals for 2018

1) Go to Disneyland Paris

2) Read 7 Books (didn't manage to in 2017)

3) Watch 40 Films I haven't watched before

4) Go to the theatre

5) Rewrite the first 3 chapters of my book

6) See Carrie Hope Fletcher in concert

7) Write 5 blog posts

8) Finish 1st year of University

9) Move into new home

10) Read more about different mythologies


I didn't manage to finish as many goals in 2017 as I'd hoped but it was a hard old year but ended in the best way imaginable. Starting University and moving to a city I love and meeting people I want in my life forever was the best decision I have ever made. I had some great moments in 2017 that involved meeting Zoella, having a holiday in Brighton with my cousin, dying my hair different colours, gaining new best friends and starting the course I love and those are the memories I choose to hold onto. 2017 may have been rubbish but those golden moments I'll cherish.

So here's to accomplishing new things in 2018! No pressure, no stress just fun little goals to challenge yourself on. 2017, you were hard work, 2018 I'm gonna kick your butt!

Comments