The Remy Incident

Now I have posted on my blog before some of the embarrassing things that happened to me and my Chummy (Sasha) while we went on holiday to Disneyland Paris a couple of years ago. However, there was one incident I left out, an incident that left me in tears of laughter and Sasha in actual tears. An incident worthy of it's own post.

Sasha is a massive fan of the film 'Ratatoullie' so, as well as the Mike plushy, she wanted a Remy teddy bear too. Understandable, he was cute and fluffy but his purchase didn't come without some funny moments...for me.
I had decided to make it my mission in the hotel room to hide little Remy at every chance I could. This first attempt was pretty lacklustre, I just put him on a lamp which was easy to spot and merely made Chummy roll her eyes. So, I had to up my game for the next attempt and it was practically legendary.


On the ceiling of our hotel room was a ceiling fan and while Sasha was in the bathroom I decided that this fan was where I would hide the plushy. Because, who would think to look on the ceiling for something you're missing (maybe a Winchester...Ooh 'Supernatural' feels). So Sasha returned from her evening bathroom visit to find Remy missing. She checked everywhere and even blamed me *dramatically looks offended*!
"Chummy, seriously where is he?!" she exclaimed, frantically pacing everywhere around the room to locate the creature. She searched under the bed, looked in the bathroom, she practically tore the room apart.
"I don't have him, Chummy, I'm serious." I said, putting all my A Level acting abilities to the test. The situation suddenly too a turn.
"Chummy, this is serious, what if the maids have kidnapped him?!" This is getting out of hand, I thought to myself, while trying to reassure Sasha that the maid staff of our hotel had not kidnapped her toy Remy planning to hold him for ransom. "Chummy, do you have him?!" She demanded, hearing me snigger from behind my phone (I was in fact recording the whole fiasco).
"I promise you I do not have him anywhere on my person."
"Chummy this is serious now."
This went on for quite some time. With threats of going down to the front desk and demanding to be presented with her kidnapped Remy doll, I decided it was high time I ended this with a simple: "It's a bit hot in here, shall I turn on the fan." This resulted in a lot of rude words from Sasha's mouth and a lot of crying from me of uncontrollable laughter.


Yet, our tale doesn't end there. The following day after we returned from another wondrous afternoon of adventure and shenanigans, we began to unwind and watch Disney Channel before bed (a much missed tradition I must say). As Sasha went to settle down for another nights sleep with both her toys she found herself unable to locate Remy.
"Chummy, where is he?" I was confused I genuinely had not hidden him this time. We both looked everywhere. We looked behind the bathroom door, a place where she had previously left her PJ top and again accused the staff of robbery (we're very suspicious people), under the bed and, of course, the ceiling fan.
Now, around this time Sasha had become somewhat emotional...in others words very hysterical. The emotions of our trip finally getting to her no longer wanting to leave and with the loss of this new toy it had made matters worse. So upon returning from speaking to the front desk about the matter, she returned in a ball of tears. This meant when the head of the maid staff appeared at the door she was unable to confront him so I was to deal with this matter. For anyone who doesn't know me, when it comes to serious matters I seem to change into my Agent FBI persona which resulted in the following.
After Sasha hid in the bathroom, unable to speak with said head of maid staff, I opened the door to a very sweet gentleman holding a bag. To this day I am adamant that Remy's lifeless drowned body was in that bag but, alas, we will never know. Upon speaking with the very sweet gentleman I explained we didn't want any fuss simply reimbursement for the situation and with that he provided us a Disneylike cheque to get a new Remy.

It was a fiasco of many proportions and I wish my eloquent way of telling the story could be seen as exaggerating however it was not. In the end, however, Sasha got Remy 2.0, I am now forever adamant Remy 1.0 was drowned in a washing machine and in the maids bag (although they state they couldn't find him). It must be noted, however, the staff were very helpful and so kind that it eased poor Sasha's emotional state. I hope you enjoyed this tale (which is ironic because Remy was a rat...Get it? Rat tail...come on people I was stretching there but it was good).

Comments