Revolution Makeup Review

Very recently I have discovered Revolution (which can be found in Superdrug in the UK) and I, at first, just used their matte lip kits. I was so impressed and astounded with the quality of the lip kits and their reasonable price I wanted to try a few more products to see how other make up items in the range faired.
I made sure to use these products on a few occasions to make sure I wasn't just having a bad makeup day to give the brand a fair chance. So after a few weeks of trying the products these are my final verdicts.


*Disclaimer - All my opinions in this review are simply that: my opinion. I am not an expert on makeup nor do I claim to be but these were my opinions as a consumer. And if any of you out there have enjoyed these products and found ways that they worked for you let me know!*

MASCARA:

Amazing Volume - Black

Generally, I always use more than one mascara on my eyelashes just to help keep them boosted all day, so I need to use good bosting mascaras as my lashes are quite long and heavy. I loved this mascara! The applicator was really nice and thick to help collect up all my lashes. The formula itself smells really nice, it smells like apples which is an added bonus! I had no irritation on my eyes and it stays on very well and it didn't crumble off throughout the day. Only thing I would say is that it's not great for bottom lashes as it is such a large applicator but this is a product I'd rebuy.

LIPSTICK:

Iconic Matte Nude Revolution in 'Expose'

This was one of my greatest disappointments, especially as I had loved lip products from Revolution before. It may have just been the colour I chose but it was so streaky to put on and I had to truly pack that stuff on to get it to the colour consistency I wanted. It was a very pale nude which I know sometimes can look streaky but it also came off nearly straight away which was a little frustrating for me.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Vivid Baked Highlighter in 'Peach Lights' and Strobe Highlighter in 'Gold Addict'

You want your cheeks to glow like a fairy rolled over them but at a reasonable price? These are the highlights for you!
I bought both a gold ('Gold Addict') and a pale pink ('Peach Lights') to see two different colours and how they worked on my skin. Both were really nice. The gold is more brightening than the pink but the pink is perfect if you just want a nice soft glow. Another reason I knew these were amazing is I complimented my friend on her highlight recently to find she was wearing one of them and I had no idea! Highly recommend!

PRIMER:

Ultra Face Base Primer - 24 Hour Protection

I have only ever used two face primers in my time of makeup, one was a more expensive brand while the other was cheaper. I had found the cheaper one worked better for me so I was open minded when it came to using an even cheaper primer for my face. I have combination skin and am prone to break outs so I wanted to make sure this primer lived up to it's 24 hour wearing claim.
When squeezing it out it's a clear liquid, very similar to the one I regularly use. I think clear primers are always best as there is no conflict or colour change when applying your base. It was very soft and gentle on the skin which was good and it seemed to go on well. However, I noticed after putting makeup on top of the primer my makeup didn't seem to sit well on it. I am a full coverage human so I do like to make sure my colour corrector, foundation, concealer etc. doesn't look too cakey my face. Unfortunately, I found every time I wore this primer my makeup seemed to sit on my skin and make it look caked on (which it is but I don't want it to be obvious!). Also, I did find my makeup didn't stay on for all that long so *Simon Cowell voice* it's a no from me...

BLUSHER:

Vivid Baked Blush in 'Hard Day'

The colour for this is lovely and really nice to apply but my big issue is that it is so shimmery it's more of a highlight than a blusher. So, with both the blush and the highlight on at the same time you look like you just dunked your head in glitter, If you love that look then use the combination of the two! Go for it! Make that face glow! But if you're like me and want just a nice blusher to rose up those pale cheeks (especially where I'm so pale I look like a vampire) it's not really for you. I do believe there are more matte shades so this was more of a mistake on my part than the brand, so I'm personally not a fan of shimmery blushers but I can't knock it for not being bright.

EYESHADOW PALETTE:

Ultra Eyeshadows - Flawless 2

I have a love/hate relationship with this final product. I do really like this palette and for 32 colours at the price of £8 I think it's totally worth it's money. I really like the darker shades that they have especially the more red toned colours however...(ah you saw the but didn't you, here's my but *opens mouth* *knows what you're thinking* head out the gutter) I have a few little quarms. A few of the shades on the top row are just too similar to me. On close view you can tell they are different, don't get me wrong they aren't the same shade, but on the eye they can appear that way. When doing a swatch on my finger tips they are pigmented and I had high expectations yet when applying to my eye with brushes they almost brush themselves away so I have to keep reapplying colour to get it to be as bold as the swatch.
It is a lovely palette and the colours are wonderful but I just maybe want something more. For its price it is perfect but I would like the colours to not blend away so quickly when applying.



All in all, I don't HATE the brand I'm just not sold on all of it's products. I'm most happy with the mascara and highlights and will certainly be buying more again. The eyeshadows are still worth buying I'm just not obsessed with them. Again, if anyone used these products different and they worked for them, tell me I'd love to know!


Comments