Disney Tag

It's no secret that I am somewhat *cough* I basically bleed pixie dust *cough* obsessed with all things Disney. Whether it be the movies, the songs, the characters, the parks or the merchandise, if it's Disney you've got my attention (F.Y.I. I'm wearing an Ariel top as I write this). So, I thought it would be fun to answer some Disney questions from the many different Disney tags out there on the world wide web.
(Yes, this is commonly a tag done on YouTube but Hakuna Matata, right?)

1) Favourite Disney movie?  

If we're talking about the Disney cartoon classics it's a tough one, however, the first two that always come to mind are 'Tangled' and the original 'Beauty and the Beast'. 'Tangled' is a favourite from more recent years and the animation and songs and characters are mesmerising and it's a film that just genuinely makes me happy. 'Beauty and the Beast' is one from childhood that always stays in my heart and brings about an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. That is why they both get top spot. I could watch both over and over again without getting bored and regardless of what mood I'm in.
(Fun Fact - I wasn't a massive fan of 'Tangled' when I first watched it but the second time I gave it a go I was completely sold. I guess you could say...I saw the light...*giggles to myself*.)

2) Favourite Disney character?

This is probably one of the most difficult questions to choose just one answer for but if I had to pick I think Bagheera from 'The Jungle Book'. I can't exactly pin point an exact reason why as there are so many different reasons. It's most likely a mix of: panthers being my favourite animals, my overwhelming admiration for his stubbornness and his 'done' attitude with everyone. I can't help but relate to him on a spiritual level and there is something about his voice which is very soothing (see, told you I couldn't pick one reason).

3) Favourite Princess?

Aurora from 'Sleeping Beauty'. She was always my favourite as a child, I think maybe because young me always thought she was the prettiest and had the nicest dress yet that strong sense of love and admiration I have for her has continued on to adult hood (even if she does say the least amount of lines than any other Princess).

4) Favourite Prince?

Flynn Ryder/Eugene Fitzherbert ('Tangled') and Prince Philip ('Sleeping Beauty'). It's the age old bad guy vs good guy issue. Flynn Ryder is the typical bad boy with a good side and he's all rugged and charming whereas Philip is the gracious prince who has that medieval poetic beauty about him that most of us dreamed off when we were younger. I love them both, picking one is simply impossible...maybe they could fight for my hand? That would be nice. I certainly wouldn't complain...

5) Favourite Animal?

If we're talking none speaking animals it has to be Pua from 'Moana'. To say I'm in love with this pig is an understatement. He is beyond adorable and I need him in teddy bear form or real form, both options I'm happy with.

6) Favourite Villain?

I have two, similar to the prince issue, both are for completely different reasons. The first would be the original Maleficent from 'Sleeping Beauty'. She, to me, is the epitome of a true villain. She's dark, has a wonderful wicked laugh and is just evil because that's who she is. The second would be Ursula from 'The Little Mermaid'. She is the Queen of Sass (unfortunately, just not the queen of the underwater world, sorry, Ursula) and she's just marvellous to watch and hate at the same time.
If you put both next to each other they're bipolar opposites but both are incredible Disney Villains and remain very close to my heart.

7) Favourite Villain Song?

'Poor Unfortunate Souls' from 'The Little Mermaid' sung by Ursula herself. If you cannot sing along when you says 'And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE' then we need to have a sit down and talk because I am concerned for your well being.

8) Favourite Pixar Movie?

'The Incredibles', I think for the key reason I could relate to the film. It involved such typical family situations which I experience in every day life and I just adore the concept. It was really different for Disney/Pixar at the time, it involved superheroes that seemed so mundane at the same time and normal in a way! I have a feeling this was probably the film that most likely started my admiration for superhero movies (not just Captain America's six pack...).

9) Favourite Sequel?

'Lion King 2: Simba's Pride', this is a truly underrated Disney film. I won't lie, I think I like this more than the original. I watched it more than the first one as a child and the soundtrack is phenomenal!

10) Disneyworld or Disneyland?

I have actually only ever been to Disneyland Paris and it is one of my favourite places in the entire world. I have been 3 times in total and the most recent was in 2015 with one of my good friends, Sasha.

First time going to Disneyland with my family and my cousin, Jess.

(left, me, right, Jess)

Throw forward to 2015 with Sasha.

(right, Sasha, left, me)

11) What type of Disney item do you collect the most?

Mugs and PJs. I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with mugs anyway but present me with a Disney mug and there is a 99.9% I'm buying it whether I can afford it or not. It has gotten to the point now I have a specific shelf in my room dedicated just to my mug collection (don't judge me...). PJs are just the same. I refuse to admit just how many pairs of Disney nightwear I owe but I will say most of them are villain themed.

12) Your favourite Disney song?

'Beauty and the Beast' from 'Beauty and the Beast'. This includes the original and the one from the live action. The song lifts my heart in ways I can't explain and it causes me to cry happy tears. The scene itself is so iconic and nostalgic I'm always left breathless after watching it, even if it's my hundredth time seeing it.

13) Favourite ride/attraction at the parks?

Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm a huuuuuge fan of the film franchise anyway and dream of being able to be a kick ass pirate captain, so this ride helps me to fantasise that life. The smell of chlorine, the deep tones of 'Yo Ho a Pirate's Life for Me' drifting through the air, and the sound of running water puts goose bumps all over my body.

14) What is your dream job at Disney?

It would either be to be a script writer for Disney (which is a dream job for me anyway) or to be a Disney Villain. I love the idea of being a villain, there is something so exciting about being evil! Aside from playing a Princess at the park which would be equally enjoyable getting to see little girls and boys excited faces at see their favourite character in person, however I just think villains have way more fun. Whether it be a live action villain or voicing a villain, Disney if you're looking for a new villain *Katniss Everdeen voice* I VOLUNTEER!!!

15) Who's the character you never want to miss meeting at the parks?

Peter Pan. No hesitation needed. Every video I had ever seen of him online only made my need to meet him at the park greater. So in 2015 it was my ultimate mission to track that tight wearing boy down. It wasn't until the last day did Sasha and I finally spot him (poor Sasha had to watch on as I ran after him like a crazy person).
We met, it was magical, I wanted to cry happy tears. He asked if we were pirates as he said we were dressed like pirates (I didn't tell him that I did, in fact, have ambitions to be a pirate because you saw what he did to Captain Hook! I didn't want a hook for a hand, thank you!)

16) What Disney voice actor would you most like to meet?

Angela Lansbury, the original Mrs Potts. I think she's such a legend of the big and small screen it would be an honour to meet her.

17) Flounder, Sebastian or Scuttle ['The Little Mermaid' characters]?

Sebastian.

18) Your favourite Disney princess dress/outfit?

Aurora's gown (the pink one, obviously). MAKE IT PINK!

19) Your favourite Disney soundtrack?

I would have to say 'Tarzan'. Phil Collins did an outstanding job on this soundtrack and 'You'll Be In My Heart' is one of my favourite songs of all time.

20) Genie, Abu, Carpet, Iago or Rajah ['Aladdin' characters]?

Genie. Robin Williams made that character and he was an actor who was truly a one in a million. The thought of anyone else voicing that character or even attempting it wouldn't be right. The Genie is such an iconic character because of Robin Williams and I'm still moved by his passing to this day.

21) What's the saddest moment for you in any Disney film?

*WARNING: May contain a spoiler if you haven't watched 'Tarzan'*

There is one scene that always moves me close to tears every time I watch it which is Kerchak's death in 'Tarzan'. The part that get's to me the most is when he finally calls Tarzan his son.

22) If you could live in any world from a Disney movie what would it be?

Again there are two. Either 'Frozen' but only if I could have powers like Elsa except maybe fire powers instead or 'Pirates of the Caribbean'. This choice is on the conditions: I have all my teeth and I get to be a kick ass pirate captain that everyone fears and...maybe kiss Will Turner...or Henry Turner his son...again both lovely options...

23) Which Disney princess has the best sidekick?

Olaf from 'Frozen'. Duh.

24) If you could have a party themed around any Disney movie what would it be?

'Pirates of the Caribbean'. Everyone dressed in authentic period clothing, we all get drunk and dance on a boat to the music from that time period and screaming 'Yo Ho it's a pirates life for me!' until we pass out. (Doesn't that sound fun to you?...No...? Right. Awkward).

25) Lumiere, Mrs Potts, Cogsworth or Chip ['Beauty and the Beast' characters]?

Lumiere and Cogsworth combined. You cannot love one without the other. As they say, they are two halves of the same coin.

26) If you could choose the next plot/adaptation for the next Disney movie, what would it be?

I'd like to see a whole film devoted to villains. Sassy villains with dark songs but you find yourself rooting for the villains not the heroes in a strange way. (Again, Disney people, I'm totally up for playing a villain here).

27) Which Disney movie do you turn to when you're upset/sad?

Even though it is not yet out on DVD I know it will now forever be the live action 'Beauty and the Beast'. It brings me so much happiness and helps me forget whatever is running through my mind during that time. It has especially helped me through a bad time in my life and holds a sentimental place in my heart for that.

28) Favourite piece of Disney clothing/accessory to wear?

My Minnie Mouse ears from Disneyland Paris. I could live in them. I want to live in them.

29) Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck?

I'd have to say Mickey Mouse. He's the face of Disney! That reason and unfortunately Donald Duck and I have a history...I once had a fight with him at Disneyland as a child. I haven't been able to face him since the kicking incident regardless of us making up afterwards.

30) Which Disney movie, even if it's not your favourite, will hold a special place in your heart?

'Sleeping Beauty', it was my favourite as a little one and for that there is a lot of nostalgia tied to it.


Let me know some of your answers to these questions! You can contact me on Instagram or Twitter or Tumblr! All at @WordsofWallis! I'd love to hear your answers!

Comments