Recent Favourites

I don't know about any of you but I'm still in shock that it's May. May!? More like 'May someone give me some strength because this year is going way too quickly!'. But because my months have all blurred into one at this point I'm doing a 'Recent Favourites' of some of the things I have been enjoying while having no recollection of which month I got them.

MAKEUP

Revolution: Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kits
Revolution is a new makeup brand I discovered in Superdrug and I found these lip kits when I was searching for a good liquid lipstick. When I tried 'Noble' on my hand it dried quickly and upon buying it I found it was amazingly long wearing, even if I run my finger over my lips it doesn't come off. I fell in love. You only need one dip into the tube as they're so pigmented and they're really soft on the lips. For £6.00 each that's an incredible price for what you get! I have 4 of the kits and each come with the liquid lipstick and a lip liner as well.

Echelon - This is my favourite and is a dark nude colour, more on the pink side, and is good for any time of the year and to pair with any eye look.
Grandee - I was a little uncertain on this colour as it is such a bright baby pink (not my usual colour choice) but it's really nice and very summery.
Noble - Another nude colour but with a hint of orange to it compared to 'Echelon'.
Royal - This colour is a dark, gothic purple (which instantly meant I loved it). My only slight quam is that the formula for this one seems slightly different to the others so is a little bit stickier and doesn't dry as well or as quickly. However, the colour is still awesome!

(from top to bottom - Echelon, Grandee, Noble, Royal)

H&M Eyeshadows:
To say I didn't stand in H&M and gasp at these eyeshadows when I saw how pigmented they were, would be a total lie. I only have 3 of the colours but I certainly want to get more. Unfortunately, I can't remember the names of the colours I bought but there is such a lovely wide variety of colours you're spoiled for choice. My favourite that I own is the dark green shimmer colour.


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Original
I initially had only tried the testers of this primer which came with my 'Naked Eyeshadow Pallets' and I loved it so much I had to get a proper one when the testers ran out. I went to the Urban Decay counter in Debenhams and the lady there recommended the Original primer. It's clear and allows you to put any colour or shimmer over it without the primer effecting the colour or texture. I only need one dip to cover both eyes and my eye make-up with stay on for hours and hours without creasing. It is quite pricey for a primer but out of all the eye primers I've tried this is the best.

SKIN CARE

Nivea: Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Cream
This is so so refreshing and you need the thinnest layer for it to work. I put it on just before I go to bed, on clean skin and the smell is refreshing and relaxing. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels so fresh and moisturised. It can feel quick thick when it dries but through the night it totally replenishes my skin and is perfect for oily or dry skin.

Soap & Glory: Flake Away
Everything Soap & Glory makes smells like heaven and this scrub does too! I usually use it in the shower after I've used body wash just to get rid of any excess flakiness and it leaves my skin smooth and refreshed afterwards (but I'd still moisturise after you've used it).

NAILS

BarryM
BarryM has always been my favourite go to for nail polish but my obsession for them has grown over the past few months, including my collection.
You only need two coats for the colours to really pop and even without a top coat it stays on for up to a week without chipping (depending on how heavy handed I've been).
Recently I've purchased two Coconut Infusion colours in 'Oyster' and 'Paradise' and two Speedy: Quick Dry colours 'Pit Stop' and 'Eat My Dust'. The quick dries are perfect if you're in a rush or too busy to wait around for your nails to dry and they're usually my first pick if I'm a bit busy but want to redo my nails.

(from left to right- Oyster, Paradise, Pit Stop, Eat My Dust)

SCENT

Fame & Fortune: Fame & Fortune
I love this perfume and it is my favourite scent. The scent is wonderfully varied with fruits and flowers and there is a hint of musk to it so it doesn't smell soapy or too frilly.

TV

RuPaul's Drag Race
I know I am totally late to the party but I recently started watching this on Netflix and I am hooked. It is wonderfully hilarious and cheesy! For anyone who (like me) has been living under a rock and not watched it - the show is a drag competition where the drag queens have to create their own costumes and do their own makeup and win challenges to become the next Drag Super Star.
It is wonderfully catty and full of drama as well as being self empowering and celebrates individuality and creativity. It shows such a different to the drag world and really can highlight the importance of acceptance from others and yourself. It puts me in such a positive mood and is so easy to binge watch and I've managed to get my Mum into it too. My Mum now wants to be RuPaul (yes, you read that correctly) and I just adore Michelle Visage, she has the most infectious laugh ever!


That's all for my Recent Favourites! If any of you do try some of the things I have mentioned in my blog let me know, I'd love to hear your opinions too! Have a splendid day and speak soon.

Comments